Thursday, 14 June 2012

Retro Rugs

I decided to enter the GoodWeave Rug Design Competition based upon the theme of 'Retro Funk.' I felt this was a good opportunity to get more variation in my portfolio, so focussed on florals. I spent 1 week working independently on the designs over Easter and really enjoyed the spontaneity of the drawing style and design process that I adapted. It was also great to get the opportunity to work within, and test the limitations of, a brief with lots of restrictions. Here's some of the results:






The rugs are all 1.4 x 2 metres, intended to be made from wool and silk, with some areas being cut flush and some high/low. Below are the moodboards that were required to accompany my submission, which I really enjoyed producing. All in all a very fun brief!




No comments:

Post a Comment